Created a Jillian Michaels DVD workout rotation

Yep, I have all of her DVDs and I thought it would be cool to put together a rotation for Jillian fans. I didn’t find one online anywhere so I came up with one of my own. Hey, every other major, home fitness instructor has tons of DVDs with rotation so why can’t Jillian???

My rotation rocks and it kicks major ass and why? Because “I’m A Bully“! So in the spirit of bullying in the gym here is my Jillian Michaels DVD workout rotation. Work hard and enjoy!

jillian-michaels

JM’s 4-Week Complete DVD “I’m A Bully” Rotation (Advanced)
For Weight Loss, Building Strength and Muscle

Week #1
Monday – No More Trouble Zones
Tuesday – Cardio Kickbox (2x)
Wednesday – 30 Day Shred – Level 1 and 2
Thursday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Friday – Maximize Full Frontal
Saturday – Rest Day or Maximize Backside
Sunday – Rest Day or Maximize Backside

Week #2
Monday – No More Trouble Zones
Tuesday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Wednesday – Shape Up Front
Thursday – Cardio Kickbox (2x)
Friday – Shape Up Backside
Saturday – Rest Day or 30 Day Shred Level 2 and 3
Sunday – Rest Day or 30 Day Shred Level 2 and 3

Week #3
Monday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Tuesday – Maximize Back In Action
Wednesday – Cardio Kickbox (2x)
Thursday – Maximize Full Frontal
Friday – Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Saturday – Rest Day or The Biggest Loser Body Sculpt
Sunday – Rest Day or The Biggest Loser Body Sculpt

Week #4
Monday – 30 Day Shred – Level 1, 2 and 3
Tuesday – Cardio Kickbox (2x)
Wednesday – No More Trouble Zones
Thursday -Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Friday – Maximize Full Frontal and Shape Up Backside
Saturday – Rest Day or Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Sunday – Rest Day or Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism

Notes (please read):
1. Remember to eat clean to help you drop even more weight and inches!
2. I recommend you take your rest days on Sundays because Monday’s are hard!
3. If you’re a bad ass like me then take your rest days on Saturdays and go shopping!
4. If you don’t have all DVDs you can substitute with proper ones, but it’s best to get them all – not to mention, they are cheap!
5. Concentrate and work your butt off during each workout.

I will probably come up with one for beginners as well as soon as I can and if I do, I’ll post it of course.

20 comments on “Created a Jillian Michaels DVD workout rotation

1. ShayNo Gravatar February 2, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey there, thank you for the rotation.

I am a personal trainer and I can say this looks very balanced and well put together.

Nice job, I am going to give it a try.

2. lilbylilNo Gravatar March 21, 2010 3:09 pm

any reason why you don’t include “last chance workout”? its a biggest loser vid but its circuit training like 30DS. i’m a beginner, so i’m working on my rotation now.

• blacKandiNo Gravatar March 25, 2010 6:20 pm

I came up with this rotation long ago before Yoga Meltdown was even though of. I shall make a new rotation shortly. Bare with me please. Thank you for your comment!

3. NikkiNo Gravatar March 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Good rotation! i’m a Jillian freak, and I just got the Maximize Back in Action today to go along with the BFBM, NMTZ and 30 Day Shred. Can’t wait to try the Yoga Meltdown. Thanks for this rotation..imma have to try it!

• blacKandiNo Gravatar March 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Thank you! Also you may want to try Jillian’s Slimdown rotation as well. It is also a semi-complicated workout, but not as brutal as mine.

• jackieNo Gravatar December 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi there, Just finished the Jillian Michaels rotation. do you have any suggestions on what rotation to do next or should I just continue with the JM rotation. thanks

• blacKandiNo Gravatar January 7, 2011 3:34 pm

Sorry for the delay. I think you should move onto Jillian’s Slimdown rotation …you’ll need her BFBM and NMTZ workouts in order to complete it.

4. KellyNo Gravatar April 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Wow, I didn’t even know about that older 5-DVD-set. I’m going to have to order those and give this a try next month. I’m too scared to leave my Jillian comfort zone! She yells at me a lot here, but I’m very happy. And thinner. LOL.

5. SoniaNo Gravatar November 11, 2010 3:32 am

I have dabbled with the Jillian DVD’S on and off but have most of them. I just purchased the Biggest Winner and wondered if you have a rotation on how to do that 5 dvd set incorporated with running. I usually do not work out if I am running.

• blacKandiNo Gravatar November 11, 2010 3:55 am

A rotation for runners incorporating the Biggest Winner series? No.

The Biggest Winner is all cardio, no circuits at all, and to put that with your running workouts would be overkill. I think you’d do better with doing her circuits if you’re interested to get that toning in if you don’t want to go with pure strength training (that would be the next best thing if you don’t)…a lot of runners on my 30 Day Shred / Shred-It Team on the Spark incorporate 30 Day Shred and NMTZ and even the Slimdown rotation, that was created by Jillian herself, into their routines if they don’t sub off days with a pure strength routine. This is just my take on what you asked. If I were running and doing long runs at that 3-4 times a week I wouldn’t add in extra cardio because with the amount of calories I burn running, I don’t need the extra.

6. DanielleNo Gravatar August 23, 2011 8:50 pm

I have done some of your rotations on sparkpeople in the past. I have been away from fitness for a while to do have a Jillian rotation to get me back in the swing of things????

• blacKandiNo Gravatar August 24, 2011 2:50 pm

I have a good rotation coming next month which is a part of our Bikini 2012 challenge…look out for it.

7. LatashaNo Gravatar December 15, 2011 3:01 am

I am a return newbie to working out and I currently weigh 248 pounds. Do you have an recomendations of someone starting out at a heavier weight? Any advice on the start up will be helpful.

• blacKandiNo Gravatar December 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi LaTasha…I used to be 223lbs so I know where you are right now. Firstly, I’d clean up my diet as diet is the most important thing that helps you to drop weight consistently. Without a good diet, all the working out in the World is not going to help you drop weight. Once you do that I’d recommend you start out with doing the 30 Day Shred to get your feet wet with fitness. I’d do Level 1 every other day for 10 days, level 2 every other day for 10 days and then level 3 every other day for 10 days. After that I’d do level 1 for 10 days , then level 2 for 10 days and then level 3 for 10 days. Once you’ve completed this then you can move onto any other rotation of mine or do any other type of workouts you want. What you want to eventually get to is dropping at least 1lb per week, be consistent with keeping a good diet and working out at least 4-5 days a week between 45-60 mins each session.

Always check with your doctor first before attempting to workout. If you have any more questions, feel free. :)

8. MelissaNo Gravatar January 12, 2012 1:36 am

Hello I just got four of JM’s DVDs 30 day shred NMTZ ripped in 30 and 6p6w’s I am going away to punta Cana in 8 weeks(first vacation since my honey moon 10 yrs ago!) I’d really like to look and feel my absolute best. I currently weigh 118 and would like to get down to 110 and most importantly seriously need to tone up. After 2 kids trouble zones is my middle name :/ just feel smushy all over. I know I am not obese but I am fat from fit and tone so that is my goal. Any suggestions on the best way to use these DVDs I have into a workout schedule or if there are others I should get? It’s been quite a while since I’ve actively worked out but I am committed and really want this for my trip and of course thereafter ;) . Thanks for your help

• blacKandiNo Gravatar January 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi Melissa! To get rid of that smushy feeling and look you’re going to have to really clean up your diet. You have 8 weeks to get it together so I’d start with that clean diet today. Keep it clean for the entire 8 weeks and then you can go crazy with the desserts on vacation. It’s impossible to workout a bad diet. Clean up your diet and you will see some nice body changes.

You picked a good four of Jillians workouts and I think it’s enough to get you to where you want to go. You’re going to have to rotate 30DS (do 2 levels), NMTZ (add 6w6p level 1 or 2 to this) and RIP30 (do 2 workouts from this one) every three days . Alternating days you’ll want to do some Core workout or some HIIT cardio. So to make it easier to see your rotation could look like this…

M – 30DS (levels 1 & 2)
      Tu – any HIIT or cardio workout
      W – NMTZ + 6w6p (level 1)
      Th – Rest Day!
      F – RIP30 (week 1 & 2)
      S – Rest Day!
      Su – 6w6p (level 1 & 2)

HTH!

9. EmilyNo Gravatar November 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi, I just bought the five DVD set The Biggest Winner. I plan I doing it for the next 4 weeks, but cannot figure out how to arrange them in a plan. I would say I’m at an intermediate level. In the past two months I did the 30 day shred and am finishing up Ripped in 30 right now. I did both programs in the middle of the modified and advanced. I only have time for 1 per day but i’m not sure how to arrange them for the best results. I was thinking of doing the shape up front, back and then cardio, have a rest day, then back front cardio? Do the regular shape up the first 2 weeks then the maximize the second 2 weeks? I’m just not sure.

• blacKandiNo Gravatar November 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi Emily,

I’m assuming you have the 5 DVD set and if so, I’d recommend (if all you’re doing is The Biggest Winner) I’d do it like this:

MWF – either shape up front/back or full frontal/back in action
      T & Th – cardio kickbox

For me, this would be the best way to work the program if I’m pressed for time and I like to separate my circuits from my cardio. I like to have straight cardio days when I’m working with circuits.

Let me know how it goes!!!

10. NatashaNo Gravatar January 3, 2013 1:38 am

Hi,

Can you recommend a rotation for me? I am 5’2 and 115 lbs. Don’t want to lose weight but just really tone up. I have 30 day shred, 6 week 6 pack, shred it with weights, and buns and thighs. Looking for the most effective way to combine them. Thanks